The Annual Promise Fund
The Promise Fund, Riverside Presbyterian Day School’s annual giving program, runs from September 1 through May 31 every year, and is one of the most important sources of revenue for our school, other than tuition. All contributions to The Promise Fund are 100 percent tax deductible, and unless designated otherwise, unrestricted, which is the most helpful type of gift to our school.
The Promise Fund is an essential part of the annual operating budget, and just as our mission to educate the mind, nurture the spirit and foster the development of the whole child is infused into all aspects of RPDS, so too does the Promise Fund touch every part of the RPDS experience.
Your Promise Fund Dollars in Action:
Need-based financial assistance
- 20% of RPDS students receive a need-based financial award of some type thanks to The Promise Fund and the RPDS Endowment Fund.
Innovative academic curricula:
- Promise Fund dollars were used in preparation for the 2016-17 school year by providing a 3D printer, new tables and chairs, and a Lego imagination wall for the STEAM “inspiration station” classroom.
- The Promise Fund also supports updates to ongoing curricular innovation such as Singapore Math and the Lucy Calkins Writing Initiative. After just a few short years of using the Singapore Math curriculum, math scores have risen 20% in nearly every grade.
- Promise Fund dollars were used in preparation for the 2016-17 school year by:
- Enabling the purchase of 200 iPads for 4th, 5th and 6th grade students.
- Completing the adoption of Redcat Classroom Audio Systems across all classrooms on campus, so that each room features voice enhancement technology.
- In preparation for the 2016-17 school year, Promise Fund dollars were used to build shade structures above the PreK-3 playground and the Rice Sports Zone lunch area.
- Annually, Promise Fund dollars re-sod the field on The Rice Sports Zone, support updates to play equipment on each of the four school playgrounds and refresh numerous campus classrooms.
Professional development for faculty and staff:
- In 2015 and 2016, Promise Fund dollars were used to send faculty to the NAIS People of Color Conference, the 34th Annual Institute on the Teaching of Writing, the 2015 Florida Foreign Language Association Conference, the Yale Anchors of Emotional Intelligence Institute, the 34th Annual Science Workshop for K-8 Educators and the Creating Maker Spaces workshop, just to name a few.
Your gift to The Promise Fund every year makes a difference every day!
Promise Fund Giving Circles
1948 Founders Society
Kissling Circle: $20,000+
Williams Circle: $10,000 - $19,999
Founders Circle: $5,000 - $9,999
1948 Circle: $1,948 - $4,999
Headmaster’s Circle: $1,000 - $1,947
Bridge: $500 - $999
Cornerstone: $250 - $499
Pillar: $100 - $249
Foundation: up to $100