THE DAILY'S RIVERSIDE KIDS DUATHLON, TOT TROT & FAMILY FESTIVAL
Teaching children to live a healthy lifestyle so they are fit for life has long been a part of the curriculum at RPDS. Established in 2011 by the Physical Education faculty, the RPDS P.E. program encourages health and fitness for students and their families.
The Daily’s Riverside Kids Duathlon & Tot Trot is open to ALL participants and their families (participation is open to the Jacksonville community and beyond).Through the addition of the Daily’s Riverside Kids Duathlon & Tot Trot, we hope more children in Jacksonville and the surrounding area will be exposed to the lifelong benefits of being fit for life through healthy eating habits, daily exercise, hard work and determination.
The duathlon (run, bike, run), for children ages 5 – 15, begins at RPDS, with the route taking participants along the beautiful and scenic streets of historic Riverside.
The Tot Trot will take place on the RPDS track and is for children ages 6 and under.
Both races conclude on the RPDS campus with a celebratory festival, complete with child-friendly activities such as inflatables, face painters and much more!
After the event concludes, spend the day exploring all that Riverside has to offer – The Riverside Arts Market, The Cummer Museum of Art & Gardens, delicious restaurants and more!
Saturday, April 13, 2019
- 830 Oak Street, Jacksonville, FL 32204
- Junior Race: 8 a.m. (ages 5-9)
- Tot Trot: 8:15 a.m. (ages 6 & under)
- Senior Race: 9 a.m. (ages 10-15)
Race Packet Pickup:
- For all participants who register online prior to noon on Wednesday, April 10, race packet pickup will be on Friday, April 12 at 1st Place Sports located at 2018 San Marco Boulevard.
- Online registration will remain open until Friday, April 12 at 10 a.m. However, race packet pickup for these participants will be at the race site (830 Oak Street) on Saturday morning.
- Participants may still register onsite at 1st Place Sports (2018 San Marco Boulevard) through Friday, April 12. Those participants will be able to receive their race packet at the time of registration.
- After Friday, April 12, race registration will be closed.
Important Notes and Information:
- Race registration will be closed after Friday, April 12.
- The duathlon registration fee is $40 per participant and will include a race-day shirt, goody bag, participation “medal” upon completion, a bib and bicycle number and matching parent/child wristbands.
- Bicycle drop off begins the morning of the event at 6:30 a.m.
- The Tot Trot registration fee is $20 per participant and will include a race-day shirt, goody bag, participation medal and matching parent/child wristbands.
- Unfortunately, none of us can control the weather or any act of nature; as a result, we are unable to offer refunds for registration fees in the unlikely event the Duathlon is canceled. We appreciate your support and understanding and hope this policy will not be needed.
- The registration form should reflect the age of the participant on race day.
Providing a safe race course is our first and foremost concern. With many children racing at one-time and in close proximity, there is bound to be a scraped knee or elbow. However, we have gone to great lengths to ensure that the race route is as safe as possible. The route we have chosen has little traffic flow and will be monitored by police, volunteers and trained professionals. 1st Place Sports will provide full race management and timing, including course setup and consultation on the best safety measures.
Questions? Please contact Elizabeth Ingram, RPDS Director of Advancement, at (904) 353-5511 x186 or firstname.lastname@example.org.