Creating equity, inclusion, and harmony in the classroom.
2023 DATES TO BE ANNOUNCED
The Diversity Initiative at Riverside is intended to promote personal growth and pedagogical approaches that support equity-minded education and global competencies in our schools.
- Pre-school and Elementary educators will learn about stages of early awareness of difference and developmentally appropriate diversity work in the classroom.
- Middle and High School educators will learn about experiences across difference and inclusive classroom practices that improve outcomes for all.
- Work collaboratively to explore curricular approaches, activities, lessons, and units of study.
- Engage with educators from other schools.
- Gain practical resources to further the diversity and inclusion work at your school.
Join other educators for a two-day collaborative training experience guided by nationally known diversity trainer, Rosetta Eun Ryong Lee.
I believe that education has the power to transform lives and provide limitless opportunities. I also believe that schools have the capacity to silence and marginalize voices or honor and empower them depending on how that education is delivered. My life’s work, therefore, is to do what I can to help schools become more inclusive and world-changing for all.”"
Rosetta Eun Ryong Lee