As the school day ends, more than 50 Afternoon Academies begin! There are a variety of activities from which to choose, all tailored to delight, entertain, and enrich each child’s afternoon experience at RPDS.
For our younger students, ballet and tap, karate, art, and music lead the way. Older students enjoy exciting activities ranging from creating LEGO worlds, to sculpting, playing musical instruments, cooking, painting, exploring technology, acting and playing sports!
Afternoon Academies will occur in four, 7-week sessions, and one 5-week mini session during the 2017-18 school year:
- Session 1: Week of August 28 - Week of October 16
- Session 2: Week of October 23 - Week of December 11
- Session 3: Week of January 8 - Week of February 19
- Session 4: Week of February 26 - Week of April 16
- Session 5: Week of April 23 - Week of May 21
- PreK 3, PreK 4 and Kindergarten: 1:40 - 2:40 p.m. and/or 3:15 - 4:15 p.m.
- 1st – 6th Grade: 3:15 - 4:15 p.m.
The schedule and offerings for each session will be available via www.rpds.com at least two weeks prior to each session’s start date.
View our catalog for a detailed list of offerings:
April - May 2018 Afternoon Academies Catalog >> (PDF)
Registration & Fees
Fees vary from Academy to Academy, ranging from $25 - $180. Registration is available online at least two weeks prior to each session’s start date via the My RPDS Parent Portal.
Click here to register for April - May 2018 Afternoon Academies >> (Parent Login Required)
For more information about Afternoon Academies and/or the RITA program, contact:Julia Davis, Director of Riverside in the Afternoon