As the school day ends, more than 50 Afternoon Academies begin! There are a variety of activities from which to choose, all tailored to delight, entertain, and enrich each child’s afternoon experience at RPDS.
For our younger students, ballet and tap, karate, art, and music lead the way. Older students enjoy exciting activities ranging from creating LEGO worlds, to sculpting, playing musical instruments, cooking, painting, exploring technology, acting and playing sports!
Academies will have 5 sessions, the first three sessions are 8-week sessions, session four will be a 6-week session, and session five will have a mini 4-week session to end year.
Below are the dates for the Afternoon Academies for 2018-2019:
- Session 1 (8 weeks)- Week of August 20th through the week of October 8th
- Session 2 (8 weeks)- Week of October 15th through the week of December 10th
- Session 3 (8 weeks)- Week of January 7th through the week of February 25th
- Session 4 (6 weeks)- Week of March 4th through the week of April 15th
- Mini Session 5 (4 weeks)- Week of April 22nd through the week of May 13th
- PreK 3, PreK 4 and Kindergarten: 1:40 - 2:40 p.m. and/or 3:15 - 4:15 p.m.
- 1st – 6th Grade: 3:15 - 4:15 p.m.
The schedule and offerings for each session will be available via www.rpds.com at least two weeks prior to each session’s start date.
View our catalog for a detailed list of offerings:
August - October 2018 Afternoon Academies Catalog >> (PDF)
Registration & Fees
Fees vary from Academy to Academy, ranging from $25 - $180. Registration is available online at least two weeks prior to each session’s start date via your My School App parent account.
For more information about Afternoon Academies and/or the RITA program, contact:Julia Davis, Director of Riverside in the Afternoon