ABOUT THE DAILY'S FIT-4-LIFE KIDS DUATHLON, TOT TROT & FAMILY FESTIVAL
Please join us for the 3rd Annual Daily’s Fit-4-Life Kids Duathlon. This exciting event hosted by Riverside Presbyterian Day School (RPDS) will be held on Saturday, April 14, 2018.
Teaching children to live a healthy lifestyle so that they are Fit-4-Life has long been a part of the curriculum at RPDS. Established in 2011 by the Physical Education faculty, the RPDS Fit-4-Life program encourages health and fitness for students and their families.
Through the addition of the Daily’s Fit-4-Life Duathlon, we hope more children in Jacksonville and the surrounding area will be exposed to the lifelong benefits of being Fit-4-Life through healthy eating habits, daily exercise, hard work and determination.
This one-day event features a run, bike, run (duathlon) for children ages 5 – 15. The Duathlon will begin at RPDS, with the route taking participants along the beautiful and scenic streets of historic Riverside. NEW this year is the addition of the Daily's Fit-4-Life Tot Trot around the RPDS track for children 6 and under.
Both races will conclude on the RPDS campus with a celebratory festival, complete with child-friendly activities (inflatables, face painters), free health screenings and much more!
Providing a safe racecourse is our rst and foremost concern. With many children racing at one-time and in close proximity, there is bound to be a scraped knee or elbow. However, we have gone to great lengths to ensure that the race route is as safe as possible.The route we have chosen has little traffic flow and will be monitored by police, volunteers and trained professionals. 1st Place Sports will provide full race management and timing, including course setup and consultation on the best safety measures.
Important Notes and Information:
- The registration fee is $40 per participant and will include a race-day shirt, goody bag, participation medal upon finish, bib and bicycle number, and matching parent/child wristbands.
- Children must be able to ride a two-wheel bicycle. Training wheels will not be permitted.
- No pegs on bicycles will be permitted.
- The registration fee for the Tot Trot is $20 per participant and will include a race-day shirt, goody bag, participation medal and matching parent/child wristbands.
- Unfortunately, none of us can control the weather or any acts of nature; as a result, we are not able to offer refunds of registration fees in the unlikely event the duathlon is canceled. We appreciate your support and understanding and hope this policy will not be needed.
- Providing a safe race course is first and foremost our primary concern. With many children racing at one time and in close proximity, there is bound to be a scraped knee or elbow, but we have gone to great lengths to ensure that the race route is as safe as possible.
- The route chosen has little traffic flow and will be monitored by police, volunteers and trained professionals. 1st Place Sports will be providing full race management and timing, including course setup and consultation on the best safety measures.